home | getting started | guides | courses | design index | supplier directory | message board | useful resources

[ Reply | Next | Previous ]

Re: The look of an opened roman blind

From: Louise
Category: Basic sewing techniques
Date: 19 Jan 2007
Time: 11:40


Do you mean that each pleat is slightly longer as you go down the blind so that they show when the blind is up? If so it is usually called a staggered roman. To get the effect increase each pleat by 5cm as you go down the blind. It is best to plan it on paper before you start. Work out the pleats for a normal roman, then find the middle pocket, alter the ones above by subtracting 5cm each time and the ones below by adding 5cm.

Last changed: 05/15/08